TechXtra Expands Its Cross-Search Coverage
.: From the press release:
Expanded coverage for free technology search service - TechXtra
TechXtra, the free service for finding material in engineering, mathematics and computing, has added a bundle of new sources to its cross-search. Now, it's possible to search across 31 major collections (over 4 million items) for articles, eprints, technical reports, books, theses & dissertations, teaching & learning resources, the latest industry news and job announcements, and more!
In addition, TechXtra has partnered with GlobalSpec to bring you a free Patents and Standards search facility.
We've also increased the coverage of our OneStep Industry News and Job Announcement services by adding numerous new sources.
And that's not all! There are new, free, trade magazine subscriptions available, and we've also made some enhancements to the service which make it easier to use.
The new collections now covered by TechXtra's cross-search are:
- Emerald - a well established publisher of academic and professional literature. TechXtra indexes a subset of Emerald Journals relevant to Engineering & Materials Science. Around 6,000 articles are indexed from approximately 15 Journals. Full text content is available to Emerald subscribers, or by pay-per-view.
- JORUM - a searchable repository of learning and teaching resources for academic and support staff in the UK. TechXtra indexes around 1,500 JORUM objects. An Athens username and password are required to access the actual resources.
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Virtual Library. TechXtra indexes a sample subset file from the ICE Virtual Library of papers produced between 1836-1998. Over 5,500 papers are indexed (including the Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers). Full text content is available by subscription, or by pay-per-view.
In addition, TechXtra now offers a free Patents & Standards search: http://www.techxtra.ac.uk/patents/index.html provided in association with GlobalSpec.
Many new feeds have been added to TechXtra's OneStep News service http://www.techxtra.ac.uk/onestepnews/ giving this even wider coverage of breaking industry news. Over 5,000 of the latest industry news items are currently listed.
The new feeds include:
- Platts - Nuclear, Metals, and Electric Power news.
- Building Design & Construction News
- IEEE Spectrum
- Brightsurf Science News
- PhysOrg News
- SPIE NewsRoom
- Control Design News
- Wireless Net News