CAS Registry Adds Property Data, Spectra And Spectra References
.: From the CAS Press Release:
"Nearly 1.1 billion predicted and experimental properties, tags that refer to additional data and spectra have been added to CAS Registry records for 19 million substances...
... CAS Registry database reached a total of over 27 million organic and inorganic substance records in 2005. The database has been enhanced with the addition of experimental NMR and IR spectra from Wiley Subscriptions and Japan's National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology.
After retrieving a CAS Registry record (e.g. Benzene), click on 'experimental properties'.
Randy attended the SciFinder Scholar Q&A at the ACS Meeting in Atlanta last Sunday, where the accouncements were made, including:
- CASREACT® now includes >10,000,000 reactions
- 981,000 abstracts were added in 2005
- the following experimental spectra have been added to CAS Registry: 142,000 NMR, 28,000 IR, 19,000 Mass
- 150,000,000th citation was added in January 2006
- CAS Registry now includes >27,000,000 organic and inorganic substance records
- Dana Roth and Randy Reichardt