Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship - Announcements
:: From an e-mail sent today by Andrea Duda:
: I have a number of announcements about Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship (www.istl.org).
- We are pleased to welcome Deborah Huerta of Colgate University as the newest member of our editorial board.
- We have established themes for our upcoming issues:
More information about writing for ISTL is available at www.istl.org/authors.html. We'd be happy to talk over article ideas with you and we encourage newer authors to work with us on publications.
- Fall 2005: Facilities (e.g., new buildings; consolidated libraries; renovated facilities; living with outdated facilities; incorporating technology, etc.)
- Winter 2006: Outreach and Marketing (e.g. publicity, blogs, reaching/teaching people who seldom come into the library)
- Spring 2006: Assessment (Assessing all aspects of library collections and services)
- Summer 2006: All topics
- Fall 2006: E-resources (Decision making, user statistics, evaluation, a librarian's wish list for publishers)
- We need reviewers.
- Book reviewers: If you would be interested in reviewing books for us contact Norma Kobzina (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about your interests and areas of expertise.
- Journal reviewers: If you would be interested in reviewing either individual journals or journal packages contact Nestor Osorio (email@example.com). Tell him which journals or packages you would like to review.
- Database reviewers: If you would like to review a database, contact Nestor Osorio (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are interested in both reviews of particular databases as well as comparisons of the same database from different vendors. Nestor can work with you in obtaining trial access to databases if needed.
- Refereed articles. We always welcome your submissions for this part of the journal. Please note that refereed articles can be on any topic and do not have to relate to the theme of a particular issue. For more information see http://www.istl.org/guidelines2.html or contact Buffy Choinski, the refereed articles editor (email@example.com).
- Viewpoints. In the Spring 2005 issue we started a new column called Viewpoints. Its purpose is to provide a forum for informed opinion and editorials by and for our readers. There is no shortage of opinions among librarians, and we hope that those expressed in this column will be provocative and interesting, and will spark ideas and reactions. For more information on writing for this section see http://www.istl.org/viewpoints.html or contact David Flaxbart, the Viewpoints editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).