Forthcoming Engineering Village 2 Upgrades and New Features
:: At a meeting today at the SLA Conference in Toronto, the following upgrades and new features to EV2 were announced for Summer 2005:
- The "faceted search" function will be added to the Quick and Expert search options
- EV2 RSS feeds will be pushed out to all EV2 subscribers/customers
- A new feature, "Blog This Record", will be released; users will be able to select records one at a time, and send each record to their blogs
- A new patent search function will be launched in EV2, initially covering the Esp@canet and USPTO dbs. Forward and backward patent searching will be available, meaning that searchers can link to publications cited by and citing the patent. Non-patent references will link to records in Compendex, Inspec or NTIS if they exist in any or all of these dbs. If a citing or cited non-patent reference isn't indexed in one of these three dbs, EV2 will try to link to the article using CrossRef.
- In Fall 2005, the deduplication function, used when cross-db searching in EV2, will be enhanced
- The Ei Thesaurus will be updated in 2006