Cambridge Scientific Abstracts Announces CSA Illumina
:: From the CSA Press Release:
CSA Illumina Debuts
New platform offers state of the art Web-based bibliographic and full-text searching
BETHESDA, Maryland, USA (16 December 2004) -- CSA has just released CSA Illumina, its new platform for online bibliographic and full-text searching.
“CSA Illumina is the result of more than 18 months of planning and development,” said Matt Dunie, president of CSA. “Our customers and users have told us what they want, and CSA Illumina delivers it.”
CSA Illumina features a totally re-designed user interface as well as enhanced search capabilities. Other notable enhancements include:
* Easier to use “Quick Search”
* Improved navigation
* Improved integration of help files
* Online tutorials
* New custom default options
* Multi-language interface options
* Search Tools including Combined Search
* Dynamic de-duplication of records with show/hide duplicates option
* Hyper-linked descriptor terms for quick execution of new search queries
* QuikBib bibliography creator
* New library administration module
* Improved linking capabilities
* ADA and SENDA compliance
More than one hundred bibliographic and full-text databases published by CSA and its publishing partners are available through the service. Notable examples include CSA Sociological Abstracts, the SAGE Full-Text Collections, CSA Materials Research Database with METADEX, BioOne, PsycINFO, CSA Technology Research Database, and ARTbibliographies Modern.
CSA Illumina interface will be offered in parallel with the existing CSA Internet Database Service interface through January 2005. Current subscribers can gain access to CSA Illumina by going to http://preview.csa.com.
An FAQ about CSA Illumina is also available from the preview site. Customers having support issues with the service should contact support AT csa.com.
For further information, contact Michael Miyazaki, Marketing Manager, CSA (Tel. +1 301 961 6761 / E-mail: mmiyazaki AT csa.com).