SLA Chem Div - ACS CINF Web Conference - Chemical Information Instruction
:: On CHMINF-L, William Armstrong posted the following about a forthcoming web conference on chemical information instruction:
The SLA Chemistry Division and the ACS CINF Division will be co-sponsoring a web conference to be held during the first full week of December, 2004. The conference, entitled "Chemical Information Instruction," will feature five posters originally presented at the ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia in August, 2004, through the coordinating efforts of Erja Kajosalo of MIT. The discussions will take place on the SLA Chemistry Division Web Conference site at http://forum.lib.lsu.edu/slachem/, where each poster will not only be linked to the full presentation, but will have its own discussion forum moderated by the author/presenter.
The forums that will be offered are the following:
- "Library and database assignments for undergraduate chemistry majors." - Ann D. Bolek
- "Using poster sessions in a chemical information course." - F. Bartow Culp
- "Experiments in teaching information skills to chemical & engineering students." - Erja Kajosalo
- "The Printed Beilstein Handbook: An enduring resource in organic chemistry." - Philip Barnett
- "Publishing in the Chemical Information Instructor feature of the Journal of Chemical Education." - Andrea Twiss-Brooks
The web conference will take place from December 6 - 12, 2004. The conference site will be open 24 hours a day and, as discussions are asynchronous, you are welcome to participate at times most convenient to you. Presenters/moderators will be happy to respond to any questions or comments you may have regarding their presentations. Registration is free and will be open beginning the first day of the conference. We look forward to "seeing" you there!
SLA Chemistry Division
ACS CINF Division
P.S. If you registered for the SLA Chemistry Division Web Conference this past summer, you do not need to register again; your old ID and Password are still valid.
William W. Armstrong
Head, Chemistry Library
301 Williams Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803 USA
Ph. (225) 578-2738
Fax: (225) 578-2760
Email: notwwa AT lsu.edu