Helvetica Chimica Acta - Commentary
:: In a recent advertising insert promoting the journal, Chemistry & Biodiversity, an
apparent twig of Helvetica Chimica Acta, the claim was made that HCA was "one of the best ... full-paper primary-literature chemistry journals in the world."
This claim was based on a comparison of the 2002 ISI Impact Factor of HCA with some other journals.
- 20.993 Chem. Rev.
- 7.671 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
- 6.201 J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- 1.949 Helv. Chim. Acta
- 1.750 Pure Appl. Chem.
- 1.607 Org. Synth.
- 1.529 Chem. Lett.
- 1.260 Can. J. Chem.
- 1.213 Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn.
Looking at the American Chemical Society - Committee on Professional Training's 'Journal List for Undergraduate Programs', we find that the most important 'general content' chemistry journals (with their 2002 ISI Impact Factors) are:
- 20.99 Chemical Reviews
- 15.90 Accounts of Chemical Research
- 8.718 Chemical Society Reviews
- 7.671 Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed.
- 6.201 J. American Chemical Society
- 4.038 Chemical Communications
As an aid to librarians who need to selectively subscribe to the 'general content' chemistry journals, I have listed those in the 'Also Recommended' category ranked by their 2002 ISI Impact Factors:
- 4.238 Chemistry - A European J.
- 2.060 New Journal of Chemistry
- 1.949 Helvetica Chimica Acta
- 1.750 Pure and Applied Chemistry
- 1.529 Chemistry Letters (Japan)
- 1.260 Canadian J. Chemistry